Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Stallholder Chat with Lisaloo


Name: Lisaloo
Location: Somerset, Tasmania

  1. What do you make? A whole range of different homewares, mostly. Ranging from bags cushions to bunting. My favourite materials to create with are natural and recycled materials. In fact, I rarely use anything that hasn't had a life before. 
  2. What/who inspires your work? Often it is my materials, in the first instance, that inspire me. I'll have something to hand and  it just comes to me what I'll make with it. But I do also have a very bad habit of checking out way too many blogs and other handcraft sites and so forth. Especially my favourite at the moment is Bespoke magazine. They send inspiration and stories every day.
  3. How does your location in Tasmania affect your work? I think it's something about the atmosphere here that is conducive to being creative, that laid-back lifestyle where you've got the time and there's so many other people around who are so inspirational. Also, being somewhere I can go to op-shops and things like that is another thing about where I live that makes it all happen.
  4. If you could give one piece of advice to someone thinking about setting up a regular market stall, what would that be? How you present your stall and having some kind of consistency or theme, would be a really good place to start. Have a think about what it's going to look like as soon as people see it.


Many thanks to Lisa for agreeing to be our first MWL Stallholder Chat! Make sure you have a look at her website and say a big friendly hello to her next time you see her at the market!

Naomi x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Made With Love Market Bazaar, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena